Microsoft Outlook Training Cheat Sheet
How to create a group of contacts to send to:
- On the Home tab in outlook select New Items in the upper left > More Items > Contact Group > Enter name for contact group > Select Add Members and add users from Global Address List or Contacts
- To use the contact group when sending a message you can type in the name of the group
How to share your Outlook calendar:
- Select Calendar Permissions > Then select Add > choose user from Global Address List > Customize users’ viewing options to your liking > notify user to add calendar.
- For user to add calendar: Open calendar tab in Outlook > on home tab, select Open Calendar > select from address book > find user calendar you would like to add.
How to disable cached mode:
- Select File > Account Settings > then Account Settings (again) > Select Data Files tab > select your Warner email address > select Settings > Advanced > Uncheck ‘Use cached exchange mode’ > select Apply > select Ok. You will need to relaunch outlook for this to take effect.
How to save an email:
- Select the email in your inbox or open the message > select File > select Save As > choose folder to save email in.
How to create an archive in Outlook:
- Select File > Account settings > Account settings (again) > Data Files > Add > you will be prompted to choose a location – Preferably choose your H drive > Name the file > Save.
Best practices for storage management:
- Clear junk folder and deleted files folder – to view how much space they are taking up, you can right click the folder name > select properties > select Folder Size.
- Begin archiving messages that are no longer needed – can be done by dragging and dropping whole folders into archive, right click and copy or move folders into archive.
Add email to cell phone:
- The following is general information to be used with any mail app:
- Warner username (email address without @warnerpacific.edu) or email address
- Email Server is - webmail.warnerpacific.edu - if asked for smtp server or incoming and outgoing server, be sure you did not choose POP3 or IMAP for account type
- Require HHTPS or SSL - yes if asked
- Port # - 443
- Security type - SSL/TLS - if asked
- Domain: warnerpacific.edu
- An easier way to add your email is to download the Outlook app on your phone, once downloaded you will only need to enter in your full Warner email and password.